What is Nebulization?
It is the process of transforming liquid medications into a fine spray or mist, which can be carried into the respiratory system through inhalation.
- Nebulizers can convert a liquid drug mixture into a fine mist or aerosol, thereby making it directly available for inhalation.
- Using a nebulizer requires minimal co-ordination for inhalation and it does not need manual actuation.
- The jet nebulizers are compatible with a variety of drug solutions.
- Nebulizers can be used in infants, very old or weak patients, or those who need immediate treatment for an acute condition.
- Works in patients with a low measure of inspiratory flow.
- Breath-hold is not absolutely essential for efficacy.
- The concentration of the medicines to be used can be adjusted if needed.
- Large doses of medicines can be administered if patients require them as per doctor’s prescription.
J. COPD 2012; 9:58–72, Nursing Standard 25(31): 50-56.
Cipla is a leading global pharmaceutical company, dedicated to high-quality, branded and generic medicines. We are trusted by healthcare professionals and patients across geographies. Over the last 8 decades, we have strengthened our leadership in India’s pharmaceutical industry and fortified our promise of ‘Caring for Life’.
We are now strengthening our global focus by consolidating and deepening our presence in the key markets of India, South Africa, the US, and other economies of the emerging world.